Public servants exercise authority on behalf of the Australian governments and manage significant financial resources on its behalf. Their actions directly affect the lives of the public and the confidence that the public has in Government. The Australian public, quite rightly, demands high standards of behaviour and ethical conduct from the people entrusted with this responsibility.
SCoPe offers a range of Nationally Accredited Qualifications for people involved in (or aspiring to step into) the government profession. We have access to qualifications through our industry partnerships which enable individuals and organisations to gain formal qualifications whilst exploring best practice government approaches.
PSP40116: Certificate IV in Government
This generalist qualification covers the competencies required for working without supervision in the public sector and is particularly suited to those working in an environment requiring multi-skilled personnel and/or in small or regionally based organisations.
PSP50116: Diploma of Government
This qualification covers the competencies required for independent and self-directed work in the public sector. The qualification is particularly suited to those working in an environment where there is a range of responsibilities which are diverse in nature rather than within a narrow specialisation and/or they work in small or regionally based organisations.
PSP60512: Advanced Diploma of Government (Management)
This specialist qualification covers the competencies required of specialist managers in the public sector. There are four discrete streams catered for within the qualification:
- general management
- investigation management
- compliance management
- fraud control management
There are seven required units common to all four streams plus discrete requirements for each stream.
PSP40416: Certificate IV in Government Investigations
This specialist qualification covers the competencies required by those responsible for statutory investigation under a range of legislation, regulations, mandated government and organisational policy and instructions.
PSP51712: Diploma of Government (Investigation)
This specialist qualification covers the competencies required of persons responsible for the coordination and conduct of investigations.
PSP60116: Advanced Diploma of Government (Workplace Inspection, Investigations, Fraud Control)
This qualification allows for the attainment of competencies required for work in the public sector which is autonomous and often non-routine. The qualification is targeted at those who enter the public sector with another qualification as well as those progressing within the sector.
- The generalist qualification suits the requirements of working in small or regionally based organisations or where responsibilities are diverse in nature, rather than with a narrow specialisation.
- The workplace inspection specialisation covers the skills required for those responsible for the conduct of statutory investigation and enforcement requirements under any of the following legislative frameworks: work health and safety, workers' compensation, injury management or workplace relations.
- The investigations specialisation covers the skills required to manage in an investigations environment within the public sector.
- The fraud control specialisation covers the skills required to manage in a fraud control environment within the public sector.
- No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Where a defined specialisation is completed (as per the unit guide), the resultant testamur can be titled: Advanced Diploma of Government (field of study) eg Advanced Diploma of Government (Fraud control).
Sessions are limited to 12 participants and are scheduled according to demand.
Note: These qualifications can also be delivered within organisations and customised to your requirements.
If you would like more information please Contact Us
These Qualifications are currently being delivered through training and RPL in conjunction with our industry partners including; Churchill Education RTO #31430